Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Art in the Area

This morning I was able to take my daughter and son on a sweet little outing.  My kindergartender wanted to get out and see something.  Her idea was the zoo, but being the realistic mother I am I just took her to the nature walk just down by the river here.  I love that little walk.  I can't remember the exact title of the place, but it is an outdoor museum created by a woman's (her name was Cleo) personal collection.  Some of the items in the walk are just funny, some are religious, and some are just works of art.  I found myself enjoying watching my children learn and explore as they looked at the new dicoveries they found.  I also felt inspired to do something.  In looking at all the beauty that someone somewhere put in to all of that art, I was thankful they had.  I am so thankful because it changes lives.  Even if the change may have been a simple smile, or even a small thought.  I have to say, that sweet nature walk certainly improved my outlook on today.  I find that art can do that.  I can't wait to take more people to go discover that little place.   Thank you Cleo.

No comments:

Post a Comment