Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Halloween Negative Shape

 Last year I worked with a third grade class and in October we did a fun Shape activity.    First I taught the kids about positive and negative shapes (I will post a lesson on that in a bit.) then we made a haunted house using that concept.  I gave each child three pieces of  construction paper, one large black (house), one large purple (background), and 1/2 of an orange piece (accents, i.e. pumpkin, ghost, moon). I had a lot of fun seeing what each child produced and all of the pieces looked pretty scary.  I think the kids were pretty impressed with their work as well!




This was my example I showed them.

The door, sidewalk, and grass are all negative shape/space.  The moon, cat, house, ghost and pumpkin are all positive shapes/space.

No comments:

Post a Comment