Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I just worked in Mrs.Spatz classroom and Miss Larrinaga's classroom.

In the sixth grade class we did wire sculpting.  I went and bought a 100 feet of wire and cut it into 3-4 foot lengths so all the students could have an equal amount.  I think they liked it.  Something that I learned was that I should have come in with a few examples.  I did make a few while I was with them.  This class was assigned to make a wire sculpture that had something to do with Halloween.  There did turn out to be some spiders that were neat and a few pumpkins.

In the third grade class I made a giant cardboard house and painted it black.  The house had 20 windows and one door cut out of it.  Each student was assigned to make one figure/sihlouette to put in the windows and doors.  I had a few extra students that were not assigned a window so I put them into designing what they wanted to put in front of the house or in the sky.  I will post a picture of how it turned out as soon as I get one.  I really liked this project.  I think the kids loved it too.  It was fun to see what a whole class made in one piece.  Thanks for the idea Mrs. Spatz!

No comments:

Post a Comment